Are Partners’ creative efforts Works-Made-For-Hire?
In this episode:
- SAG & AMPTP have arrived at a deal…
- The competing “Octomom” trademark registrations
- Is giving a (loaded) iPod as a gift an act of copyright infringement? (First Sale and Fair Use) (President’s gift to Queen ElizabethII)
- Copyright and Defamation issues in new social media… Twitter, Facebook, etc. Courtney Love being sued.. a cautionary tale for anybody who uses the Web?
- 1st Circuit won’t review defamation ruling in Noonan vs. Staples.
- Copyright holders taking action against content “scraping” websites. (Hot News doctrine)
- Fair Use, YouTube, DMCA takedowns, etc. –
- YouTube says 37% of DMCA takedown notices are not valid copyright claims, etc.
- Wish Upon a star” – Fox’s “Family Guy” “parody”/”satire”
- Litigation: “Push” lawsuits – When is a deal a deal?
Featured Topic: Ownership of partners’ and principals’ intellectual property contributions to a business in the absence of employment agreements.