O Sole Mio
In this rare solo episode, Gordon Firemark is working without Tamera to get the June Entertainment Law Update out to you!
Table of Contents
PRICE V. GARLAND
LEBRON JAMES JOINS TACO BELL TO END ‘Taco Tuesday’ TRADEMARK REGISTRATION
(Will it be a slam dunk?)
JACK DANIELS ROUNDUP
JACK DANIELS PREVAILS OVER CHEW TOY MAKER
https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp2/221/410/2486298/ (Timmy Holedigger Opinion)
SCOTTISH COMEDY STARS BEAT JACK DANIELS
DISNEY HAS TO TRY LOTSO HUGGIN CASE
NINTH CIRCUIT OVERTURNS ATTORNEY FEE AWARD IN CLASS ACTION (NAPSTER/RHAPSODY)
UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE NINTH CIRCUIT
DAVID LOWERY; VICTOR KRUMMENACHER; GREG LISHER; DAVID FARAGHER, vs. RHAPSODY INTERNATIONAL, INC.,
CHAT GPT CREATES FAKE CITATIONS
COPYRIGHT GUIDANCE FOR WORKS CONTAINING AI
Here’s the USCO information page on A.I.: https://copyright.gov/ai/
GRAMMYS BAN AI-GENERATED WORK
MENTION: HUMAN ARTISTRY CAMPAIGN
The Human Artistry Campaign, launched this year at SXSW, is a collective created to “ensure artificial intelligence technologies that are developed are used in ways that support human culture and artistry—and not replace or erode it.” The collective already has more than 40 members including, major unions, trade associations, creators, industry insiders, rightsholders and more from across various creative forms and industries all in agreement on the following seven core principles:
- Technology has long empowered expression, and AI will be no different.
- Human created works will continue to play an essential role in our lives.
- Use of copyrighted works, and the use of voices and likenesses of professional performers, requires authorization and free market licensing from all rightsholders.
- Governments should not create new copyright or other IP exemptions that allow AI developers to exploit creators without permission or compensation.
- Copyright should only protect the unique value of human intellectual creativity.
- Trustworthiness and transparency are essential to the success of AI and protection of Creators.
- Creators’ interests must be presented in policymaking.
IS A FEDERAL REPORTER’S SHIELD COMING?