Call us with your feedback:
In this Episode:
- Crowdfunding after the JOBS Act becomes law
- Viacom wins appellate round against YouTube
- Magic Tricks – how to keep ’em secret
- Art Collector v. Artist?
- and more…
Peter Kaufman joins us again for this episode.
Also with us, in the studio: Chris Blake, one of our interns, just completing his 2L year at Pepperdine Law.
CROWD-FUNDING AND THE JOBS ACT
Key points of the bill:
- Allows equity-based crowdfunding
- Removes prohibitions on general solicitation of Regulation D offerings
- Creates an IPO “on ramp” –
- Increases threshold for Regulation A “mini public offerings”
- Raises cap on private shareholders from 500 to 2,000
EFFECT ON FILM FINANCING
THEATRE: THE GODSPELL EXAMPLE
Link to Slip Opinion http://www.ca2.uscourts.gov/decisions/isysquery/c5792ca8-db37-4107-b0f7-67548a6a5a5f/1/doc/10-3270_10-3342_opn.pdf#xml=http://www.ca2.uscourts.gov/decisions/isysquery/c5792ca8-db37-4107-b0f7-67548a6a5a5f/1/hilite/
Last Samurai – Copyright Script Jury Verdict
Teller sues over magic trick reveal
Art Collector seeks to stop photographer from selling Digital Reprints
Tupac Hologram performs ‘live’ at Coachella Music Festival
Amazon Studios revises terms for writers
Music royalty settlement announced on mechanical royalties
Until next time…. that’s showbiz!