The Pope and Little Mermaid turn it up to 11.
Legislation & Rulemaking
- Copyright Office – Fees for Special Handling of registration applications will be waived for applications that have been pending for 6 months, and where the registration is needed because the applicant is about to file an action for infringement. 37 CFR Part 201
- Copyright Office – proposed changes to deposit requirements http://www.askbeforeyouact.org/BLOG/post/Copyright-Office-Proposes-Change-to-Copyright-Deposit-Requirements.aspx
- This applies to Section 407 deposits. (unpublished works) http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap4.html#407
- The proposed amendments would change current practice by permitting the Copyright Office to issue a demand for copies of works published only online. The revised regulations would also establish the process for issuing and responding to a Copyright Office demand, amend the definition of a “complete copy” of a work for purposes of mandatory deposit of online–only works, and establish new best edition criteria for electronic serials available only online. The copyright Office is seeking public comment on these proposed regulation change. These comments are due on August 31st.
- Joel Tenenbaum admits to file-sharing, and, after Directed verdict on liability, jury returns damage award of $675,000
- Salinger Case
- 9th Circuit changes stance on “prevailing party” in dismissals without prejudice
- 9th Circuit finds personal jurisdiction/venue by “purposeful availment” – makes it easier to reach a Defendant in the plaintiff’s choice of venue.
- Reebok to Marcin Gortat: Jordan Tattoo Won’t Fly — NBA FanHouse
- Who’s liable for the Erin Andrews nude video?–THR, Esq. – Entertainment and Media Law.
- Photographer Sues ESPN for Copyright Infringement over Unauthorized Photo Use
- NCAA and Rights of Publicity of student athletes (during and after college)
Political uses of pop music
- McCain settles with Jackson Browne
- ENTERTAINMENT LITIGATION: ANOTHER REPUBLICAN POLITICIAN SUED OVER USE OF MUSIC – Entertainment Litigation Blog
Sculptures and Sculptural Works
- Wall Street Bull